Saturday, November 8, 2008

Help ! I'm computer impaired.

I'm writing to ask for advice on how to create a wish list and a WIP list. I've seen them on many other blogs but haven't a clue on how to put one here. Any help is greatly appreciated. I realize it's the 21st century, however I seem to be someone with an early 20th century ability when it comes to technology. If it's a machine you can bet I'm going to need a block of instructions. I've worked at my LNS for 5 years and it's just been recently that the serger and I are on speaking terms. It was a sure bet that if I used the serger for a customers fabric that it would lock up or threads would break or any number of snags or snarls. It was a running joke that the serger had it in for me. The computer seems to be the same way. I'm a very hands on person and the idea of not being able to open a drawer or file cabinet and find what I need is somewhat intimidating. I know the info is in the computer somewhere, but where? What to look in or how to get there is a challenge. I know I'll figure it out,but it's a matter of how long will it take.

No comments: